Tutor profile: Pamela S.
Educator with a Passion for Learning
I am passionate about education and reading. I am jack-of-all-trades and pride myself in knowing a little bit about a lot. What I don't know, I can find using a wealth of resources.
I have been employed in education since the late nineties. I began my career as a librarian in 2001, working mostly in public school in early childhood, elementary and high school settings. I have taught higher education classes in person and online, and I currently teach adult education and serve as the library media specialist in a men's correctional facility.
2016 - 2016
Education - Special Education
2015 - 2016
2007 - 2012
University of South Carolina
Library and Information Science
2000 - 2001
1990 - 1993
SC Department of Corrections, Library Media Specialist/Teacher
2017 - Present
• Supervises inmate population utilizing institutional library services. Tests students in preparation for re-entry. Teaches GED preparation courses. • Selects, classifies and catalogues books and other library service materials; reviews printed and non-printed library material and recommends acquisition of new and/or updated materials, supplies and/or equipment. • Prepares budget requests for library services or grant application requests for additional funding. • Attends meetings, conferences, workshops and training in keeping with position.
City of Union, City Councilmember
2014 - Present
• With other councilmembers, works collectively, and in partnership with the Mayor, to enact local laws and public policies that strengthen and preserve the health, safety, and welfare of the community.
University of Phoenix, Online Facilitator
2009 - 2018
• Courses taught: Foundations for General Education and Professional Success; Interdisciplinary Capstone Course
Union County Schools, Library Media Center
2012 - 2016
• Provided circulation and reference services and reader advisory. • Cataloged library materials to be shelf-ready. • Prepared orientation and research instruction for class groups. • Managed annual library budget. • Created and maintained book lists and displays. • Supervised Credit Recovery students.
University of South Carolina at Upstate, Adjunct Instructor
2010 - 2012
• Course taught: Resources and Technology in Teaching, instruction on proper and effective use of technology in classroom settings. • Achieved Initial Online Teaching Certification ~ December 2011.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.