Tutor profile: Chelsea G.
I am a library professional with experiences serving many different types of patron populations. I am most experienced in collection development and acquisitions work, but that grants me very good familiarity with online resources typically included in a library’s online offerings. I am used to communicating professionally in an online environment. In my work with patrons I try to foster information independence - teaching the research skills and techniques that allow them to grow, learn, and succeed.
I am a 2014 graduate of Hanover College’s secondary education program. I served as a student teacher in many high school and middle school classrooms to complete that program. I also have always served as a trainer in some capacity in every professional job I have had. These experiences make me capable in both formal and informal teaching settings.
Valdosta State University
Library and Information Science
2018 - 2021
2010 - 2014
Barnes & Noble, Bookseller (Part Time)
2021 - Present
• Use reference-style interviews with customers to assist them locate items based on interests and/or goals; suggest items that may be of additional interest. • Conduct searches in the Bookmaster interface to pinpoint availability of items, gather lists of titles customers may be interested in, pull lists of titles that need to be shipped or held. • Assist customers with inquiries relating to the store and/or inventory over the phone. • Place holds, reservations, and special orders for items; locate items for these requests, organize them and...
Carpenter Library - University of North Florida, Coordinator of Acquisitions
2020 - Present
• Supervise two full-time support staff members: 1.) Library Services Specialist of Acquisitions and 2.) Library Services Specialist of Discovery Enhancement. • Oversee and manage all aspects of acquisitions for the Library’s physical and electronic collections. • Create and distribute budget and statistical reports, as needed. • Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors of library materials and work to resolve any ordering, invoicing, or receiving issues. • Communicate with the university’s procurement office to establish new...
Carpenter Library - University of North Florida, Library Services Specialist of Acquisitions
2018 - 2020
• Process purchase requests from university faculty and staff, students, and community patrons for physical and electronic library materials. • Handle orders for books, eBooks, music scores, DVDs, streaming videos, and maps/globes. • Monitor order status reports for notifications regarding cancellations, faculty publications, and/or delivery; resolve and send returns when necessary. • Locate bibliographic records in our ILS, Aleph, using OCLC’s Connexion, EBSCOadmin Holdings Management, or create brief bibliographic records in our ILS, as...
St. Marys Public Library, Library Technician (Part Time)
2019 - 2019
• Circulate materials of all types. • Open and close the physical facility; maintain accurate cash reports and receipts. • Shelve all types of library materials. • Assist patrons, in person and on the phone, with a variety of tasks including information seeking, locating materials, faxing/copying/scanning, and basic computer questions. • Register new patrons for library cards, explain library policies and available materials, conduct library tours. • Instruct patrons on how to access and use the library’s online resources and website. • Assist...
D. Ray James Correctional Facility - GEO Group, Library Technician
2017 - 2018
• Provider of access to the US Courts and other reading materials for 1,700+ federal inmates. • Maintained functionality and security of a Leisure Library area and a Legal Library area. • Supplied inmates in the Solitary Housing Units with requested library and legal materials. • Managed an Inter-Library Loan relationship between the prison and the local public library. • Managed the purchase, upkeep, classification, and circulation of books, magazines, newspapers, and legal materials from around the world. • Ordered Library materials such as...
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.