I am an English and Art major at Swarthmore College. I have experience in creative writing, theater, and dance.
Education is my passion. I began working as a Math and English tutor in high school and continued in college. I worked with middle and high school students on their writing, speaking, and professional skills at Asian American Success. I have also worked with non-native English speakers ranging from children to adults at Business Development Assistance Group. As I attend a liberal arts school, I believe in excellence in all subjects. I am comfortable teaching a variety of subjects, including but not limited to algebra, geometry, history,
Fabric Workshop and Museum, Education Intern
2018 - Present
• Leads museum and studio tours, sharing knowledge of the museum, artists in residence, and exhibits.
• Assists with workshops, lesson planning, teen and family education program, and public events related to Process and Practice: 40 Years of Experimentation.
Northampton House Press, Editorial Intern
2016 - 2016
• Edited stories for fantasy anthology, The Night Bazaar, and liaised with head editor remotely.
• Wrote reader reports.
• Read and reviewed published titles.
Business Development Assistance Group, Writer
2013 - 2016
• Proofread written works by APA members of the community struggling with linguistic barriers.
• Researched and developed first-ever annual report to promote BDAG’s success in the past 20 years.
• Worked with small, women- and minority- business owners with business start-up, retention, and expansion, focusing on the writing process of business proposals, business letters, resumes, and CVs.
• Collaborated on various cultural projects related to the small business community, including marketing the Access to Capital 2016 business...
N/A, Independent Tutor
2012 - 2016
• Tutored children in math and English.
Business Culture and Language Centre (BCLC), Writer
2013 - 2015
• Developed business proposals to engage the Asian and professional community.
• Promoted BCLC’s business, Vietnamese and Chinese culture, and language learning via blogs and Facebook.
• Re-wrote website content to better advertise BCLC.
Asian American Success, Executive Associate
2013 - 2015
• Tutored middle and high school students on their essay and resume writing.
• Initiated and wrote first ever annual report to celebrate AASuccess’ achievements in helping APA students succeed professionally, academically, and civically.
• Redesigned website to better serve Asian American students, and collected internal data to demonstrate a measurable impact and establish a system of documentation.
• Spearheaded outreach to the business support community via social media (blogs, emails, & Facebook).
• Communicated with business...