Tutor profile: Philip C.
College Writing Instructor and Research Librarian
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I am passionate about teaching writing and English. I taught English composition at the college level for five years. I hold a bachelors in English and a masters degree in Library and Information Science. I have five years working as a librarian on the secondary and post-secondary level.
For five years, I was the college writing instructor at the Washington State Penitentiary, focusing on courses in precollege English, composition and research writing, and vocational writing. I also taught at the main campus for traditional students. I worked for three years as a college research and reference librarian and two years as a high school librarian.
University of Washington
Library and Information Science
2007 - 2010
Walla Walla University
2002 - 2007
Walla Walla Community College, GED Proctor
2021 - Present
• Creating an appropriate testing environment for GED exams. • Addressing first-line technical problems in software and hardware. • Administering exams in all security levels of the prison. • Working alongside correctional officers to ensure testing is safe with few disruptions.
Walla Walla Community College, Research Librarian
2014 - 2017
• Fulfilled written student research requests from North Campus classes, bridging the gap to resources not available at the prison. • Conducted reference interviews with students, using the opportunity teach critical thinking and search skills. • Provided individual and group instruction in information literacy topics. • Cataloged and prepared new materials for circulation in LCCN and DDC. • Communicated with administration to ensure continued support of library services.
Walla Walla Community College, College Writing Instructor
2012 - 2017
• Instructed Precollege English, English Composition, Research Writing, Vocational Writing, Intro to Computers • Taught modules on information literacy to ENGL 101/102 students; worked one-on-one to improve database search skills. • Utilized Canvas to enhance course delivery. • Managed a classroom environment through clear communication and the ability to multi-task in response to student needs. • Developed curriculum and delivered content using best teaching practices and motivational frameworks. • Designed a new mastery-based system to...
Walla Walla Community College, Librarian
2013 - 2013
• Worked with instructors to provide library support for specific classes and subject areas. • Collaborated with other librarians and library staff to meet student needs. • Conducted reference interviews: face-to-face, online, and correspondence. • Developed print and electronic collection and updated library’s website. • Provided classroom instruction in information literacy concepts.
Walla Walla Valley Academy, Librarian
2009 - 2011
• Supervised student library workers, determining tasks and overseeing work. • Developed collections, determining need and managing funds; communicating with providers. • Instructed in information literacy concepts in classrooms and helping students with reference questions. • Managed library budget and beautification projects, making much-needed upgrades to furniture and equipment. • Launched new e-reader program and created library website using Adobe Dreamweaver.
Send a message explaining your
needs and Philip will reply soon.
needs and Philip will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.