I have worked as an instructional assistant while completing my masters in history, and in this position I have taught and tutored students in the field of history. As a research and instructional assistant at Texas State University, I taught over fifty students in African American history and I taught over 480 students general US History. While working as an assistant for an upper level African American history course I comprised and graded the exams for the students.
Peoples Signature Flooring, Executive Assistant
2016 - 2016
Working in a temporary position as an executive assistant at a high end flooring company in Austin, I worked to manage the day to day operations within the company. These duties included answering a multi phone line system, comprising and imputing purchase agreements into the company database, generating work orders, maintaining our internal supply orders, communicating with customers about any information they may need regarding their flooring purchase, maintaining and updating the company's website and other online advertising.
Texas State University, Instructional/Research Assistant
2015 - 2016
• Provide research aid.
• Prepare and deliver class lectures.
• Grade student exams.
• Tutor students in upper level African American History class
• Provided aid and guidance to a class of 120 students for entry level American History class.
Green Thumb Gardening, Landscape Designer
2009 - 2016
• Liaise with clients, maintaining diplomacy, poise and tact.
• Specialize in native landscaping without the use of chemical pesticides, synthetic fertilizer, or wasteful watering practices.
• Demonstrate experience in project management, including the coordination of concurrent projects.
• Accomplishing my goal of growing the business by achieving a sound reputation within my community.
• Maintain project budgets ranging from $1k-$20k.
• Supervise and manage performance of a staff.
• Develop strong organizational skills in order to run my...