Tutor profile: Al C.
Senior Corp Strategist, Planner and Op Manager. Experienced in-house Instructor
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I have a strong background as an operations manager and strategic planner. I offer a track record of practical application of academic theory that has resulted in consistently driving sustained financial, operational and human performance improvements. Throughout my career I have taken a particular interest in training and mentoring. I have always believed that developing others not only enriches their lives but as value to mine as well.
I have taught corporate sponsored after hour courses in electrical distribution, management, and finance.
Lake Forest Graduate School of Management
Master's of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
1994 - 1996
National Louis University
1993 - 1994
A360 Solution, Principal Consultant
2011 - Present
Independent consultancy providing business planning and project management for small businesses and non-profit organizations.
ComEd, Manager Ops Strategy & Bus Intelligence
2010 - 2011
• Developed KPI strategy that drove 1st quartile performance • Increased working capital 7% ($8.8M) per month
ComEd, Manager of So Region Operations
2008 - 2010
• Effectively managed operation of T&D system serving 1.2 million customers • Slashed human performance and safety incidents by 94% in one year • Reduced duration of customer outages by 30% • Consistently met financial, operating and human performance targets
ComEd, Manager of System Services Group
2004 - 2008
• Lowered labor cost 29% by increasing workforce efficiency • Drove construction jobs completed on time from 25% to 90% • Cut construction contractors 78% resulting in $16 million annual savings • Reduced annual uncollected revenue from $2.3M to zero • Increased customer satisfaction from 43% to 86% in 16 months • Cut Lost Work Day Case rate from 9.0 to zero and sustained for 3 years
ComEd, Director of New Business
2002 - 2004
• Consistently met targets on $500M O&M and Capital budget • Mapped and stream-lined service delivery process eliminating chronic backlogs • Recovered $7M in un-collectible customer charges in 5 months • Increased charges collected on time from $0.7M to $4M per year • Increased revenue collected by $6M per year
Exelon Energy Delivery, Executive Assistant - CEO, Exelon Energy Delivery
2001 - 2002
• Drove integration of merged companies on schedule • Successfully managed, developed and rolled out KPIs for merged companies • Led team that identified corporate success drivers • Facilitated completion of post-merger business plans • Crafted progress reports and presentations for the board of directors
Exelon Energy Delivery, Director of Planning and Integration
2000 - 2001
• Designed and implemented post merger financial reporting structure • Created joint financial reports and statements • Help select post merger financial team • Project Manager for role-out of corporate wide financial reporting software • Evaluated compatibility of merger and acquisition targets • Identified market, regulatory and labor impacts on business
Unicom (ComEd), Senior Corporate Strategist
1998 - 2000
• Provided competitive analysis in support of strategic planning • Investigated and quantified competitive threats • Gauged impact of emerging technologies, regulatory, market trends on business • Directed business units in the creation and coordination of business plans • Worked with regulators and governmental officials to resolve sensitive issues • Conducted valuations and cultural compatibility analysis of M&A targets • Facilitated executive corporate strategy meetings • Supported Senior VP of Strategy with special projects as...
Send a message explaining your
needs and Al will reply soon.
needs and Al will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.