Subjects
PRICING
COURSES
SIGN IN
Start Free Trial
Karissa S.
Animal Science Major @ OKSTATE; Tutor throughout high school
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
Biology
TutorMe
Question:

What is the probability that two heterozygous tall pea plants will produce homozygous tall, heterozygous tall, and homozygous short offspring (tall being dominant)?

Karissa S.
Answer:

The first step to solving this problem is to create a punnett square. Once the square is completed the results should be TT, Tt, Tt, tt. This tells us that there is a 25% chance of homozygous tall pea plants, a 50% chance of heterozygous tall pea plants and a 25% chance of homozygous short pea plants.

Statistics
TutorMe
Question:

Students in a class have grades of 87%, 67%, 94%, 83%, 74%, 83%, and 78% on the first test of the year. Find the mean, median and mode of the scores on the first test. Round to the nearest hundredth.

Karissa S.
Answer:

To find the mean add all of the scores together and divide but the number of scores provided. Added together is equals 566, then divide that by 7 and get 80.86% is the mean rounded to the nearest hundredth. The median is the middle number in the series therefore we want to line the numbers up in order from smallest to largest. We use the equation (n+1)/2 to find which number in the sequence is our median, n being the number of data values. (7+1)/2=4, therefore the 4th value is our median. 67%, 74%, 78%, 83%, 83%, 87%, 94% if we count over to the 4th value we get 83% as our median. For the mode it is the value that occurs most often in a series and 83% is the only number that appears more than once therefore 83% is your mode as well.

Algebra
TutorMe
Question:

Simplify: 12x^2-3(2x^2+4+5x^4)+7x

Karissa S.
Answer:

In order to solve this problem you must start by distributing the -3 times 2x^2+4+5x^4 and get -6x^2-12-15x^4. Then you plug that back into the equation, 12x^2-6x^2-12-15x^4+7x. the final step is to combine like terms and put the terms in the proper order. Your final answer is -15x^4+6x^2+7x-12

Send a message explaining your
needs and Karissa will reply soon.
Contact Karissa
Ready now? Request a lesson.
Start Session
FAQs
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Session" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.