Hello! Recent graduate of Oxford University here, with a B.A. Hons in English Language and Literature. I'm a lover of language in all its forms and love inspiring a passion for words in children. A writer myself, I tailor all tutoring lessons and materials to the specific student's needs. At Oxford, I researched and wrote over 4, 000 words' worth of essays a week for discussion with peers and world-leading academics. I also have significant experience in tutoring primary and secondary school students.
As wel as tutoring in school subjects, I...
Freelance Tutor and Pro-Bono University Coach, 10 Feb 2014-present
• Visited disadvantaged students in Oxfordshire to provide tailored advice on university applications and conduct mock interviews, Oxbridge-specific and otherwise, ran a creative writing workshop in local primary school for disabled and vulnerable children
• Tutored primary school children and secondary school children in English, French, History, Geography, Spanish
SPECIFICS - Exam boards and modules
Below, you can see the modules and exam boards in which I have tutored. I...
Arts at the Old Fire Station, Research-Administrative Assistant
2016 - 2016
• Gathering information on candidate demographics, summarising large amounts of sensitive data in statistical reports. Implemented an Excel logging system to enable ease for future use, ensuring the charity achieved its equality goals
• Researching charitable foundations to match with the company, painting a picture of the trust’s personality with the information I could gather from generalised and often obscure online profiles.
• After my designing and implementation of event schedules and directions posters, customer feedback saw improvement...
Notes Magazine, Editor and co-founder of Notes Magazine, an Oxford arts publication,2014-6
2014 - 2016
• Led team of 6 to run a social media campaign which raised online interest by 69%.
• Ran events to unite the artistic community in Oxford and promote magazine sales, networking with artists to book poetry and music performances and ensure entertainment.
• Designing layout/front cover with Indesign, writing editorials to provoke reader interest, proofreading, judging submissions as a team
University of Oxford, Access Ambassador
2014 - 2015
• Discussed with admissions board how Oxford humanities can be made more accessible for working-class, state-school-educated students
• Managed the Twitter account to help disadvantaged pupils keep informed of outreach events, refurbished prospectus to increase relevancy of images.
• Marketing assistant for Homelessness Awareness Week: interviewed members of the local homeless community, sourcing case studies for a promotional leaflet which I helped write and design. Learned how to treat sensitive material for public release.
The Student Telegraph, Journalist at the Student Telegraph, Jan-June 2015
2014 - 2014
• Wrote articles on topics such as race, film and social media, researching online and competitor content to generate original, of-the-moment viewpoints.
• Wrote bi-weekly Wordpress blog posts on literature and culture, liaising with Telegraph editor Josie Gurney Reid.