Tutor profile: Jennifer E.
Published Author and Tutor with 20 Years of Professional and Academic Writing Experience
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I've authored several published, award-winning, young adult novels, and award-winning short stories, and am an attorney, trained artist, freelance writer, pizza fan, people person, and Bollywood addict. Flexible and easy to get along with, I'm a creative problem solver and love applying my skills to helping students of all ages achieve the best possible outcomes in areas including English, Writing, Humanities, Social Sciences, and all other Liberal Arts subjects.
I've tutored jr. high, high school, college, and graduate-level students in legal writing and research, creative writing (fiction and non-fiction), essay and paper writing at all levels, college entrance essays writing, all areas of the arts. I've also taught creative writing and legal research and writing at a University level.
University of Minnesota
1994 - 2007
Juris Doctor (J.D.)
1998 - 2001
Self, Author and Freelance Writer
2001 - Present
- Freelance writer projects have included content editing and copyediting for fiction and non-fiction, website and ad copy, blogging, social media content, legal research, legal editing, ghostwriting, and query and cover letter assistance. - Applies strong writing, editing, and proofreading abilities to each assignment to produce the best possible content. - Delivers high-quality, insightful, informative, and entertaining written content while meeting tight deadlines. - Edits documents for clarity, content, and formatting. - Completes...
2001 - Present
- Participates in manuscript preparation and book production. - Oversees circulation through print, email, and social media distribution. - Develops marketing collateral such as media kits, websites, and magazine samples to promote business. - Performs document formatting, proofreading, scanning, and research to assist authors with manuscripts and publishing. - Verifies the quality of completed work and performs desktop publishing tasks for clients. -Prepares files for web upload and builds, formats, updates, and prints proposals, forms,
University of Minnesota Law School, Legal Research and Writing Adjunct Professor
2003 - 2006
- Taught first-year law students how to research legal precedent, cite cases and content using a legal bluebook, craft arguments and structure legal briefs, argue in front of a court, and the correct structural and legal methods of writing. - Presided over moot court exercises, mock Supreme Court exercises and orals. - Created exciting lessons on course material to educate and engage students in the classroom. - Evaluated and documented student learning and growth. - Utilized technology resources to develop immersive, informative...
Heikens Law Firm, Attorney
2002 - 2006
- Wrote briefs and motions to state, federal, appellate, and U.S. Supreme courts. - Prepared and organized evidence and exhibits to be utilized in court hearings and trials. - Interviewed and prepared witnesses. - Communicated effectively with clients to interpret laws, rulings and regulations which affected each case. - Reviewed and negotiated legal documents relating to caseload. - Represented clients before court in oral debate by constructing favorable and truthful narratives around presented evidence and facts. - Addressed...
Inkwell Newswatch, Columnist
2001 - 2005
- Wrote monthly columns about being a writer and author. - Wrote approximately 600-1200 words per submission - Adapted writing to editorial feedback. - Edited columns before sending to publishers. - Completed research and checked facts to maintain high journalistic integrity standards. - Utilized understanding of public opinion, social media, and traditional media use to create engaging and attention-grabbing editorials. - Simplified different fields through clear, concise, and compelling writing. - Used MS Word to author and edit...
State of Minnesota, Judicial Law Clerk
2001 - 2003
- Assisted legal staff with collation and organization of case documentation and administrative tasks. - Managed office workload and obtained drafting experience by preparing briefs and opinions under Judge's guidance. - Discussed cases with judge to gain a deeper understanding of law-related matters. - Aided judge's decision-making by conducting research on laws, legal precedent, and other documents related to cases before his bench. - Researched information for upcoming cases. - Attentively supervised court sessions while maintaining...
Hamline-Mitchell Law School, Legal Writing Tutor
1999 - 2001
- Provided one-on-one and group tutoring instruction for first-year law students. - Fostered positive working relationships with students and staff. - Guided students through various steps in brainstorming, researching, outlining, writing, revising, and publishing. - Enabled students to improve reading and writing skills through effective teaching of comprehension tactics. - Discussed studying strategies and recommended courses of action to help students meet writing goals. - Created a comfortable tutoring environment conducive to...
Send a message explaining your
needs and Jennifer will reply soon.
needs and Jennifer will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.