Tutor profile: Alexis R.
Pomona College Graduate and Aspiring Animator
Hi there! I graduated from Pomona College in 2021 with a degree in Studio Art, and I love working with kids! My dream is to be an animator on a kids TV show. My favorite experiences teaching have been during Summer Art Camp and Volleyball Camp! I'm excited to get the opportunity to tutor!
I've always loved working with kids, and I've been babysitting children aged 2-12 for the past 8 years. During this time, I've also tutored children aged 8-12, helping them with all school subjects and summer prep before the new year begins. I have experience as a Visiting Art Teacher at Picassos Art Studio, where I independently organized and led 6 weeks of art camp with a focus on "process art," where the children are encouraged to explore their own creativity within a guiding prompt. I spent 3 years coaching Volleyball Camps for...
Columbus College of Art and Design
2020 - 2021
2017 - 2021
Etsy, Etsy Shop Owner
2021 - 2022
- Made upcycled accessories and hand-drawn cards, organized inventory, managed shipments, and communicated with customers to provide a pleasant experience
Shared Tech Lab, Pomona College Studio Art Building, Head Maker
2021 - 2021
- Self-taught operation of all lab equipment and compatible software - Educated peers and wrote technical documents to make lab equipment accessible to all
HYPE Math (Helping Young People Exceed in Math) Gaming, 3D Environments Designer and Modeler
2021 - 2021
- Designed and modeled environments and assets in Maya for an educational video game for elementary aged children - Worked alongside artists and developers in a remote environment to produce 3 levels of an educational online video game with an escape room theme
Picassos Art Studio, Visiting Art Teacher
2019 - 2019
- Organized 6 weeks of summer art camp activities for children ages 5-12 - Independently led children through art projects with a focus on process art, letting them explore on their own given a guiding prompt - Fostered a safe, nurturing environment for the children to fully express their own creativity
Pitzer College Woodshop, Woodshop Proctor
2018 - 2018
- Hosted open studio hours for students to come into the woodshop to work on independent projects - Enforced proper safety protocol in the woodshop after passing the safety exam - Offered assistance on student projects and with machinery
TEDxNewAlbany, Director of Venue & Experience
2013 - 2017
- Served on the executive board of the largest student-run TEDx event in the Midwest - Formed and led a group of high school students through coordinating all logistics of the 700-person event, including event day scheduling, venue layout, stage design, interactive art installations, food coordination and overall audience experience
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.