I'm a senior at Transylvania University majoring in Storytelling Studies (English, Theater, and Journalism.) At Transy I have held the following position; Vice-President & President of Theatre Guild, A&E Editor for The Rambler, Senator for our Student Government Association and I am a brother of Delta Sigma Phi. I have a plethora of experience in theater, ranging from producing to acting. I also just spent a summer working at Camp Ramapo for Children, a summer camp for kids with social, emotional, and behavioral needs.
I tutored in high school, largely pre-school and kindergarten. I have taken the intro course for our education program and received internationally recognized training for building relationships from Ramapo for Children this past summer.
Morlan Art Gallery, Assistant Gallery Manager
2014 - Present
• Organized and help setup several artist talks throughout the year.
• Lead projects on displaying unique pieces of art in the gallery.
• Served as an asset for senior students putting their art on display for the first time.
Ramapo for Children, Reading and Technology Counselor
2016 - 2016
• Mastered strategies for anticipating, preventing and responding to negative behavior effectively and supportively.
• Learned to interpret challenging behaviors as the communication of unmet needs and lagging skills.
• Taught creative writing through poetry and fiction workshops and by playing dungeon and dragons.
• Encouraged creative solutions by side coaching campers through difficult tasks.
• Devolved reading skills by reading with campers out loud.
• Socialized campers on turn taking cues when playing games.
• Used campers’ interests to...
Transylvania University Residence Life, Residence Life Events Specialist
2014 - 2014
• Coordinated the housing of five separate camps over the summer months
• Analyzed and adjusted the furniture in every dorm building owned by Transylvania University.
• Aided camp goers and other summer workers by supplying them with information they requested.
• Organized a mail system for summer workers.
• Instructed co-workers on how to use equipment and tools to better their productivity.