Tutor profile: Jerome C.
Experienced Tutor Looking to Assist Developing Writers
My name is Jerome Cusson. I have been a tutor or teacher for almost 20 years. I have a wide range of experience working with writers of various English levels, from those who are just starting to those who are trying for the graduate degree. I also have a tremendous amount of experience with a number of different subjects when it comes to writing. Much of my experience comes from higher ed, first tutoring at a liberal arts school in downtown Chicago. Eventually, I would teach at other community colleges and universities in the city of...
I have taught at the city colleges of Chicago, a university in China, three colleges in Memphis, and most recently at a high school in Chicago. I am looking to stay in Chicago, and some tutoring on the side allows me this opportunity.
Northeastern Illinois University
2011 - 2014
Columbia College - Chicago
2003 - 2007
Baker College Prep, English Teacher
2022 - 2022
• Strategically assisting students with improving performance both in the classroom as well as outside of the classroom. • Helping students develop new studying skills by maximizing educational resources and measuring individual progress. • Efficiently developing lessons based on student needs, current technology, learning objectives, and educational goals. • Delivering learning strategies that engage, inform, excite, and reinforce growth, knowledge, and student development. • Preparing students for standardized tests along with fostering a...
University of Memphis, English Instructor
2017 - 2021
• Developed curriculum for international students and incorporating group work to allow students to build communities. • Strategically aided students in developing their writing skills along with negotiating a challenging course curriculum. • Continuously contributed to the creation of an environment that promoted growth, equality, and freedom of speech. • Lectured, graded tests, constructed presentations, and collected samples of educational competencies among students. • Designed curricula, delivered course material, conducted research,
Southwest Tennessee Community College, Adjunct English Instructor
2017 - 2021
• Continuously helped students develop rhetorical analysis/argumentative research papers to enhance learning strategies. • Participated in grant writing for a first-year writing program as well as developing lesson plans to meet learning styles. • Wrote, updated, evaluated, and proposed programs in support of writing processes for students to enhance skills. • Delivered learning-centered instructions by establishing an educational environment conducive to learning and growth. • Strategically maintained accurate and complete records of...
University of Indianapolis/Zhejiang Yuexiu University, English Instructor
2016 - 2021
• Efficiently developed portfolio assessments along with revision-based assignments to allow students maximum success. • Strategically utilized community engagement pedagogies to develop group assignments and strong writing principles. • Collaborated with Chinese teacher/administrators to develop lesson plans in conjunction with educational requirements. • Maintained organizational improvement by identifying opportunities to improve and recommended alternatives needed. • Updated teaching materials with the latest information available and...
Harold Washington College, Tutor/Adjunct Faculty
2009 - 2016
• Recruited as a Learning Center Tutor before transitioning to Supplemental Tutor and serving as an adjunct faculty member. • Provided individual and group tutoring for students to assist them in improving their English, grammar, and writing skills. • Assisted lower-level English as a Second Language students sharpen their skills through one-one-one conversation practice. • Provided specialized tutoring in reading comprehension skills for students in developmental reading classes. • Collaborated with students on improving time management,
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.