I'm currently a graduate student at American University working toward a master's degree in the history of philosophy. I received my bachelor's degree from Wheaton College (MA), where I majored in philosophy. In addition to academic philosophy, I have a background in creative writing, tutoring (from middle schoolers to college students), music, performance, political commentary, and public speaking.
While majoring in philosophy at Wheaton College (MA) I served as the Philosophy Department tutor for students of all grade levels. This involved helping students understand their course material, as well as developing their skills in logic, reasoning, and argumentative essay writing. I also provided students with additional help by arranging individual meetings outside of normally scheduled tutoring hours, and routinely fielded questions from students online regarding their coursework.
American University – College of Arts & Sciences, Research Assistant
2016 - 2016
• Researched, summarized, critiqued, and presented on scholarly material relevant to the professor's area of study.
• Transcribed and prepared notes for classes, conferences, and papers.
• Organized and maintained a comprehensive bibliography of all source material relevant to the professor's academic projects.
Wheaton College (MA), Philosophy Department Tutor
2013 - 2014
• Assisted students with Philosophy coursework in both individual and group settings.
• Worked with students to develop skills in logic, reasoning, and argumentative essay writing.
• Provided students with additional help by arranging individual meetings outside of normally scheduled hours, as well as routinely fielding questions from students regarding coursework.
Norton Middle/High School, Tutor
2012 - 2013
• Assisted middle and high school students by clarifying academic concepts in the classroom.
• Worked at an after-school program to provide support for students in math and English coursework.
• Helped students complete missing work, and taught research skills needed for particular assignments.