Tutor profile: Chintan S.
6 years of Tutoring Experience, Pursuing Economics and Computer Science degrees
I like to approach each tutoring session with an open mind and a new perspective. Every student learns differently and part of what makes tutoring important is understanding those differences to better help individuals engage with the curriculum and learn for long-term memory and learning. I am currently studying Economics and Computer Science at the University of Virginia, looking to work in data analytics.
My tutoring experience spans all the way back to 2014 when I was a peer tutor after school in Mathematics and English. I would volunteer as a tutor for one-on-one sessions for a minimum of 5 hours a week. During the Summers of 2017 and 2018, I tutored at MEGA Education, a tutoring house in Johns Creek, GA, where I led tutoring sessions for grades K-12 20 hours a week in various subjects: SAT/ACT Math, Reading, Science, College Essay Prep, in addition to all math leading up to Calculus BC, as well as Macroeconomics and Microeconomics and...
University of Virginia
2017 - 2022
ProRelevant Inc., Entry Data Analyst
2021 - 2022
• Ran statistical regression models on week-to-week media inputs for client companies to determine leading campaigns and percentage impact on views and searches via Python and R-coding • Compiled years of data via Google Analytics and Excel to create grouped formatting using logic, formulas, and Vlookup • Worked on a self-updating model in PowerBI to run media inputs and determine variables with positive contributions
Novelis Inc., Technical Accounting and Financial Tracking Intern
2019 - 2019
• Worked with Hyperion and HFM Automation Tools to create excel balancing sheets for the company’s 10Q filings • Conducted research on mergers and costs in the manufacturing industry comparing to benchmarked industry averages • Collaborated on a comparison/projection model based on GAAP and company accounting standards to create a companywide metric for lease vs buy decisions
ProRelevant Inc., Part-time Project Intern
2019 - 2019
• Worked in Python to create an adaptive statistical model that evaluated current industry and independent variables to create a predictive model of consumer awareness • Formatted media outlets and their impacts on awareness using object-oriented programming and weekly historical values
UVA Career Center, Career Peer Educator, Business and Technology Community
2018 - 2019
• Planned and formatted a semester worth of programming interview lectures to prepare students for technical interviews • Collaborated with the Statistics Department to consolidate the flow of information through their website, in addition to planning multiple alumni networking events and creating updated newsletters for students and alumni
MEGA Education, Academic Tutor
2017 - 2018
• Led tutoring sessions ranging 1 to 20 students • Tutored grades K-12 20 to 30 hours a week in various subjects: Physics, Biology, SAT/ACT Math, SAT/ACT Reading, ACT Science, College Essay Prep, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Pre-Calculus, Trigonometry, Calculus AB/BC, etc.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.