I live in beautiful rural New Jersey. I am married with two children. I have worked as both an educator and in the publishing field, and I am currently licensed to teach in both Texas and New Jersey. My interests are reading, writing, health, travel, and self-sustainability.
I've served as a lead for the English department at a high school level for several years. When I worked with a small team to rebuild our department's curriculum from scratch, I had the opportunity to create materials and activities that were both accessible and relevant. The research involved really expanded the "tools" in my tool chest, and I'm fully prepared with various strategies to tailor lessons to each individual student.
Writing, editing, and reading comprehension are personal skills of mine, and I have special step-by-step...
Bound Brook ISD, NJ, Educator (temporary)
2015 - 2016
- Provided smooth mid-year teacher transition for students and administrators.
- Developed curriculum plans for three courses to increase student participation and retention.
- Contributed research and ideas to promote better colleague cohesiveness and smoother progression between grade levels for students.
White Settlement ISD, TX, Lead Educator
2012 - 2015
- Directed the PLC grade level team with a focus on data disaggregation, lesson development and adaptation, incorporation of technology, and teaching strategy collaboration.
- Engendered a 25% improvement in standardized test results in a previously underperforming department.
- Designed new grade level curriculum from ground level. New plans emphasized tighter scope and sequence, backward development, increased rigor and student engagement, better vertical and horizontal alignment, and clearer guidelines for instruction.
- Taught on a campus...
Society of Biological Psychiatry, TX, Publication Coordinator (temporary)
2010 - 2011
- Recognized for performance during most active months in journal's history. Provided insightful solutions to improve workflow efficiency and suggestions to improve journal marketability.
- Coordinated editorial submission, review, and decision process.
- Served as primary international liaison, requiring poise and discretion.
- Organized issue publication.
Nature Publishing Group, Editorial Assistant
2007 - 2009
- Audited manuscripts and images in all pre-production stages of development.
- Acted as primary communication liaison for editors, authors, reviewers and production team.
- Performed statistical research and plagiarism audits.