My name is Amanda Mangels and I love teaching. I came to teaching later than most, my first passion being the U.S. Navy. I planned on a career in the Navy but had to find a new path for my life after being medically discharged. I know what it is like to face adversity and make the best out of a bad situation. After re-training and working in the legal field for a number of years, I felt unfulfilled, and wanted to contribute to society in a more meaningful way. I decided to put myself back through school, eventually receiving a Masters in...
Chingshin Elementary and Middle School, Bilingual English Teacher
2013 - 2016
• Taught English to bilingual students in grade 4 -6 for 3 years
• Designed and taught curriculum based on the McGraw-Hill Treasures program for grades 4-6. This included grammar, reading, writing, and spelling.
• Designed and implemented a grade 3 English Social Studies curriculum that supported the current Chinese social studies curriculum
• Designed and implemented a grade 5 English mathematic curriculum that supported the current Chinese mathematic curriculum
• Taught supplementary after school English classes to students including...
Keokuk Community School District, Substitute Teacher
2012 - 2013
• Teaching in various classrooms using teacher’s lesson plans and in middle and high school
• Worked with and taught Special Education Students
Hansen, McClintock & Riley, Legal Assistant
2003 - 2011
• Transcribe letters, pleadings, discovery, and other legal documents efficiently and accurately, for court filings
• Prepared documents for filing in District Court, Federal Court and the Iowa Supreme Court
• Communication with clients regarding their case, court documents and other necessary information
• Update pleadings and discovery files while reorganizing and updating client files
• Kept track of correspondence going in and out of the office and keeping attorney’s calendars updated
• Use Juris to enter and keep time for attorneys and...
Anderson and Tulley, Receiptionist
2002 - 2003
• Answer a multi-line phone system and take accurate, detailed messages
• File and update pleadings, discovery and other legal documents, ticklers, and calendar
• Transcribed letters and other legal documents efficiently and accurately
U.S. Navy, U.S. Navy Sailor
1998 - 2001
Naval Air Station Oceana Air Detachment
• Provided flight information services to active duty personnel and retiree; filled out manifests for flights leaving
• Training Petty Officer; wrote and presented training lectures to Flight Information Staff
• Assisted and directed the President of the United States, Senators, Congressmen, Admirals, Captains, and other Distinguished Visitors with their transportation needs
Yeoman/Administration, Navy College Office March-August 2000
• Shared program information, including...