Hi all, my name is Sofia, and I'm a former teacher specializing in the Social Sciences, English, and Spanish. I have a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and a Master of Science in Political Science: International Relations. I've taught History, Geography, Political Science, Government, Economics, International Relations, English as a Second Language, English Language Arts, and Spanish.
I'm a certified Georgia Educator with certifications in Middle Grades Social Science, Spanish, and Political Science. Additionally, I've taught English as a Second Language through online platforms for the past three years.
Self-Employed, Freelance English<>Spanish Translator
2013 - Present
Provide high quality legal and general translations.
• TransPerfect – approved translator since 2016
• The Prem Rawat Foundation – Spanish-English subtitle translation and transcription for documentary
• MiTiendaDeArte.com – Product description translation for Spanish craft supply website
• Riano & Eckert, LLC (Miami, FL) – legal translations for Latin American political asylum cases
• Institute for Theory and Practice of International Relations at the College of William & Mary – general translation for research project on Latin...
Fulton County Schools, Middle School Social Studies Teacher
2014 - 2016
Part of an International Baccalaureate – Middle Years Programme (IB-MYP) School serving a majority Hispanic community in Sandy Springs. The 7th grade Social Studies curriculum focuses on the geography, history, culture, government, and economics of various countries in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
• Recognized as one of Fulton County School’s top 25% best performing teachers with the highest student growth percentiles for the 2015-2016 school year
• Judged in the Fulton County Social Studies Fair in 2015 and 2016 as a way to give...
Seendio LLC, Online English Tutor
2013 - 2016
Part of a growing online education company focusing on teaching English as a Second Language to Chinese adult learners.
• Became part of Seendio’s Star Tutor Program – Seendio’s core tutors with the best reviews
• Received high volume of tutoring requests and opportunities to provide feedback on written assignments
Georgia Teaching Fellows, Fellow
2014 - 2015
Part of TNTP’s national teacher corps of recent college graduates who commit two years to teach and to effect change in under-resourced urban and rural public schools.
• Participated in an intensive 12-week Summer training in preparation for the upcoming school year
• Training included research-based professional development courses in pedagogy and classroom management
• Completed student teaching during the Summer School semester at a predominantly Hispanic elementary school