I have nearly ten years of experience working in writing, editing, and marketing for leading brands. At book publisher W. W. Norton & Company I worked closely with authors to develop textbooks, ensuring that learning materials were clear, complete, and level-appropriate.
I composed copy for a digital education tool (teaching composition at the middle-school level) that was praised by Forbes.com and purchased by Macmillan Publishing.
I am also a professional Copyeditor and Proofreader.
I can offer this professional perspective to tutoring for...
My teaching experience includes the following roles:
- Substitute teacher in the Wilton, CT school district (Wilton High School is a USNews "Best High School"). Subjects: ELA and Fine Arts. Levels: Middle school and high school.
- Guest teacher in Somerville, MA public schools. Subject: Science. Level: Middle school.
- Teaching Assistant at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. Subject: Fine Arts. Level: College.
- Social media coach for high-school summer fellows, at the nonprofit Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship. I designed...
Billion Oyster Project, Communications Manager
2017 - 2019
Refined messaging, created promotional content, and managed digital presence for nonprofit organization.
● Led data-driven process for revising the organization’s mission and vision statements
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), Copywriter (previously Development Associate)
2013 - 2017
Copywriter (Jul 2015–Dec 2017)
Created storytelling content and refined brand messaging for nonprofit organization.
● Composed copy for NFTE’s rebranded website
● Created concept, acquired talent, and managed production of a short video communicating NFTE’s impact
● Created sales collateral and advertisements for NFTE programs, in collaboration with Graphic Designer
● Composed copy for fundraising campaigns, earning $40,000+ in 2016 Giving Tuesday donations
Development Associate (Oct 2013–Jun 2015)
Identified and researched new prospects...
Self, Author and Illustrator
2013 - 2013
Composed a children's picture book for pre-readers and early readers, called Arnold’s Green Adventure, about a bird born in midtown Manhattan who journeys to the High Line park in a quest for green leaves.
The Atlantic Magazine, Integrated Marketing Manager (previously Coordinator)
2011 - 2013
Proposed and implemented custom campaigns for advertisers, leveraging The Atlantic’s print, web, and mobile platforms as well as live events.
● Proposed and sold my integrated campaign ideas to Hitachi, Citi, Forevermark, and Land Rover
● Curated and created content for sold campaigns
● Managed custom programs, including setting and maintaining budget and timeline; hiring, contracting, and managing vendors and freelancers; and corresponding with clients and agencies
Integrated Marketing Coordinator (Mar 2011–Mar 2012)
Various Clients, Writer and Editorial Consultant
2010 - 2013
Created editorial content for learning tools; copyedited and proofread manuscripts; developed proposals in response to RFPs. Clients included W. W. Norton & Company, Scholastic Achievement Partners, Pearson Education, Infobase Publishing, and education start-up Keys2Engage.
● Copyedited/proofread more than 30 manuscripts
● Curated a video supplement to a Pearson Ethics text
● Composed all instructional copy for the launch of the WriterKEY® web-based app from Keys2Engage, which has received praise from Forbes.com and others
W. W. Norton & Company, Editorial and Marketing
2007 - 2010
National Sales Coordinator (Jun 2009–Jun 2010)
Researched industry landscape and analyzed sales data for new business development opportunities, for the College Textbooks division.
● Initiated distribution partnership with CourseSmart
Assistant Editor (Jan 2009–May 2009)
Collaborated with authors, designers, artists, and reviewers to develop science textbooks and photography books; created marketing materials such as one-sheets and promotional web copy.
● Development Editor for first-edition college science book, Discovering Biology in the...