EMT, Provo City Fire Department, BYU EMS
2015 - 2016
Hold positions of Supervisor, Officer and Mentor within the agency.
• Respond to all BYU campus medical emergencies.
• Provide medical coverage for BYU events (sports, conferences, etc.), frequently servicing crowds of over 50,000 people.
• Planned and executed several successful mock mass casualty events, including budget design, coordination of hundreds of volunteers, and involvement of multiple police, nursing, and other agencies.
Research Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology
2015 - 2015
• Used molecular biology techniques to investigate the secondary functions of antimicrobial peptides in both defense and stress response mechanisms in Nicotiana attenuata.
• Designed effective experiments and successfully identified antimicrobial compounds for further investigation.
• Collaborated with a diverse group of international and multilingual scientists.
2014 - 2015
• Member of an interdisciplinary student innovation group which functioned as the business development team/collective CEO for a startup biotechnology company.
• Reconstructed inadequate corporate records and legal documents.
• Created investor materials, presentations, and company design elements in preparation for funding campaigns .