Tutor profile: Pamela T.
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I have over 25 years of cataloging experience at public, special, academic, and system libraries.
I have taught classification and MAchine Readable Cataloging (MARC) courses at a community college, graduate university, and for a library system. My teaching experience has been in a face-to-face format as well as online through Blackboard and Moodle.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
2004 - 2011
Northern Illinois University
1990 - 1992
Illinois State University
1984 - 1986
Illinois Central College
1982 - 1984
IHLS, Bibliographic Project Coordinator
2018 - Present
• Perform original and copy cataloging of local authors, local history, special collections, and genealogy items for all Illinois libraries • Project management • Provide training • Perform library database cleanup • Supervise and evaluate Cataloging Maintenance Center staff
IHLS, Metadata Cataloger
2015 - 2018
• Established procedures for creation and maintenance of metadata for digital and nontraditional library collections. Transcribed digitized documents. • Worked with other libraries, state agencies, outside vendors, and library systems to establish procedures for metadata creation. • Maintained quality control on metadata for digital collections. • Performed original (including complex) and copy cataloging of all formats of library materials to facilitate their identification, access, and use. • Interpreted and applied Library of Congress...
University of Illinois at Champaign, Information Studies Adjunct Instructor
2015 - 2017
Taught online cataloging courses using Moodle with a synchronous lecture component.
Illinois Central College, Library Technical Assistant Program Coordinator
2007 - 2014
• Transformed the LTA program from a face-to-face traditional program to a multimodal one • Partnered with the Library Support Staff Certification Program (LSSCP) to include ICC’s LTA courses as approved courses • Created an annual LTA program plan, detailing goals, outcomes, and data comparison analysis • Arranged and facilitated annual LTA Advisory Committee and LTA adjunct instructor meetings • Responsible for hiring and releasing, and evaluating LTA adjunct instructors, evaluating assessments for each course, scheduling workload for...
Illinois Central College, Library Technical Assistant Adjunct Instructor
2003 - 2014
• Taught LIB 125: Cataloging and Classification, including Dewey Decimal and Library of Congress classification systems and Library of Congress and Sears subject headings • Taught LIB 127: MARC Records and Technical Processing, including AACR2R and RDA rules • Assessed course outcomes each semester • Attended relevant adjunct faculty meetings
Illinois Central College, Technical Services Librarian
2002 - 2014
• Cataloged (original and copy) 3,000 print books, electronic, and audiovisual items annually in Voyager’s (ILS) cataloging module and OCLC, using Library of Congress classification and subject headings • Supervised one full-time acquisitions clerk and one part-time copy cataloger, performing biannual evaluations • Served as liaison librarian to the Agricultural and Industrial Technologies (AIT) and • English and Language Studies (ELS) departments and selected new materials • Physically withdrew over 60,000 items from the library database...
Send a message explaining your
needs and Pamela will reply soon.
needs and Pamela will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.