1. What was the importance of the Marbury vs. Madison supreme court case?
1. John Marshall used this court case to establish "Judicial Review" for the Supreme Court. This gave the power to judge whether a law was constitutional or not, which made the Supreme Court able to check and balance the other two branches.
1. What was the importance of the "Battle of Agincourt"
1. This started the modern political system during the 15th century century, and was the start of the end of Feudalism. It created more nationalism and the modern nation states of France and England. This battle was won by the English during the 100 years war. However, the French would eventually win the entire war.
1. What was the XYZ affair?
1. The XYZ affair (1798-1800) otherwise known as the Quasi War, was an undeclared war between France and the United States during John Adam's presidency. John Marshall, Charles Pickney, and Elbridge Gerry were 3 US diplomats sent to France to address impressment of US sailors (Abducting US seamen to be put into the French Navy). However, they met 3 "go-betweens" which were advisors for the franc foreign minister Talleyrand. The 3 "go-betweens" asked for payment, and the US diplomats were sent back to the US because of the of the denied appointment.