Tutor profile: Paloma P.
Recent graduate with 8 years experience tutoring/teaching/instructing
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I graduated from the University of St Andrews in 2018 with an upper-second class degree in International Relations. Since then, I have held jobs focused on PR and communications. I also have strong work experience in higher education administration and customer relations, as well as demonstrated skills in leadership and public speaking.
- Volunteered as a teaching assistant at art camps for children ages 6-14 for three years. - Completed a competitive placement in a Romanian middle school teaching English, creating my own lesson plans from scratch, and being solely responsible for a class of 30 students of mixed ability. - Instructed intermediate dance for one year at University. -Completed a University course which places student sin primary schools across Fife. I provided one-on-one support for students with learning disabilities and taught a weekly class on...
University of St. Andrews
2014 - 2018
Grayling, Communication Intern
2019 - 2019
Work placement with Grayling, an esteemed and award-winning integrated-communications agency, during which I gained experience working with both the public relations and public affairs teams at Grayling's Edinburgh office. In a fast paced learning environment, I produced a large amount of high-quality work over the short period of two weeks. A main challenge I surmounted was rapidly adapting to a new work environment, whilst maintaining clear-headedness during what was an exceptionally busy time for the office.
University of St Andrews Students' Association, Brexit Support Manager
2019 - 2019
University of St Andrew, President
2018 - 2019
As Students' Association President for 2018/19, I represent students at the highest levels: to the University and the political spheres both local and national. The St Andrews Students' Association has one of the highest student election turnouts in the country and I am proud to use this mandate to be a student advocate who champions their causes individually and collectively. In an ever developing work environment, I focus on issues including student accommodation & the local housing market, tuition fees, widening access and outreach,
University of St Andrews, Senior Student Ambassador
2015 - 2018
• As Senior Student Ambassador I was responsible for training new ambassadors and leading informational and engaging tours for prospective students. • I was heavily involved in outreach programs such as REACH and student shadowing which provide opportunities for secondary school children, particularly those living in rural areas or with access markers.
University of St Andrews, Residential Assistant
2017 - 2017
5-week position for the International Summer Programmes & English Language Programme Training included Level 2 emergency first aid certification and PVG certification. I was responsible for health and safety, organising activities, leading excursions, teaching dance and yoga classes for staff and students, organising the Ceilidh, and choreographing a staff talent show piece. Demonstrated excellent teamwork and ability to take initiative, flexibility and willingness to adapt to new situations
Scottish Romanian Language Link, English Language Teacher
2016 - 2016
• Two-week teaching position involving a competitive application process and placement with an English language school and local host family • I worked independently and was responsible for preparing lesson plans and activities for a class of ~30 students, ages ~8-13 and of varying fluency levels.
University of St Andrews Students' Association, Dance Instructor
2015 - 2016
- Intermediate ballet teacher - Responsible for organising and leading weekly classes and choreographing for bi-annual shows
Santa Barbara Museum of Art, Teaching Assistant
2011 - 2014
- Teaching Assistant at day camps, available to children ages 5-12; curriculum includes hands-on arts and crafts activities, educational visits to SBMA, and incorporation of subjects incl. history, fine art techniques - Volunteered for periods of 45 hrs per week - Responsible for assisting the teacher in preparing/organising class materials, leading social/recreational activities for students, overseeing the safety of students, and being a positive role model/presence for the students - Worked as a member of a team to encourage among the...
Send a message explaining your
needs and Paloma will reply soon.
needs and Paloma will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.