Tutor profile: Sommer V.
English Major, Former Journalist, Executive Director for a Private PR Firm
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I am currently the Executive Director/Owner of Pocket PR Communications Boutique. I bring an accumulation of 20 years professional expertise in public relations, advertising, digital media, video editing, graphic design, writing and reporting for government ajencies, school districts, and private firms. Additionally, I have a Bachelors of Arts Degree in English from Spelman College. In my free time I participate in community service, reading, journaling and exercising at Orangetheory Fitness. I enjoy transforming the concepts, dreams, and...
I have conducted digital media trainings at multiple association conferences for crowds up to 400 participants. Additionally, I am a homeschooling mom who facilitates a rigourous and successful learning environment for son.
1995 - 1999
Pocket PR, Executive Director/Owner
2017 - Present
• Launch and develop Pocket PR, a communications boutique dedicated to all aspects of marketing, branding, social media, and digital strategy and execution. • Serve as communications counselor to Pocket PR clients. • Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plans to advance client brand identity. • Broaden awareness of client programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences. • Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow Pocket PR clients’ leadership to...
Marietta City Schools, Director of Communications, Marketing, and Public Relations
2014 - 2017
• Coordinated and provides news releases, interviews, and information in response to media inquiries. • Implemented and analyze digital media strategies, including social media and e-marketing campaigns. -Increased the district’s social media fan base from 100 to 3,000+ followers -Created social media pages and procedures for every school in the district. -Uses analytical data to create targeted digital media campaigns and measure campaign ROI. • Developed speeches, board remarks, talking points, scripts and related communications for the...
Georgia Department of Education, Communications Project Manager
2011 - 2014
• Managed media and advertising campaigns. • Created and maintained a unified brand identity for federal programs. • Implemented digital media strategies, including social media and e-marketing. • Networked with collaborating organizations and local celebrities for statewide promotions – including, but not limited to the Atlanta Ballet, Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Silverbacks, and Georgia First Lady Sandra Deal. • Worked with contracted media outlets to create statewide marketing campaigns. • Oversaw planning and production of audiovisual...
Delgado Boxing, Promotions Manager
2009 - 2011
• Responsible for the execution of all promotional items including media placement, promotional events, marketing and collateral production and distribution. • Planned and supported communication initiatives of the organization. • Maintained the integrity of the corporate brand as it was communicated through all marketing materials. • Manage client information including contracts and billing.
TMP Worldwide, Online Recruitment Specialist/Senior Account Executive
2006 - 2009
Online Recruitment Specialist Employment Duration6 mos • Implemented and supported TMP’s Interactive products and services, specifically Online Resume Mining and Search Engine Marketing products. • Acted as a resource and advisor to other groups/field (Sales, Account Service, etc.) as it related to interactive products. • Met daily deadlines and other deadlines as required. Senior Account Executive Employment Duration2 yrs 10 mos Managed day-to-day client relationship as it relates to on- and off-line ad placement and delivery of tactical...
Personal Growth Institute, Creative Director
2004 - 2005
• Created corporate image for company. • Designed logos, CD and DVD covers, newsletters, brochures, information packets, and advertisements for company projects.
Paulding County School District, Communications Specialist
2001 - 2004
• Worked with local schools and central office in the dissemination of information to the public. • Managed contact with print, electronic and broadcast media.
Marietta Daily Journal and Neighbor Newspapers, Staff Writer
2000 - 2001
• Research and contact individuals for five articles per week • Write five newspaper articles per week
Send a message explaining your
needs and Sommer will reply soon.
needs and Sommer will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.