My name is Nguyet Nguyen. I am currently a second semester Junior at Texas Christian University working to earn a Bachelor of Arts in History. I also have a second major in Educational Studies and a minor in Spanish. Beyond long walks on the beach, I also enjoy mentoring and volunteering with students from a variety of backgrounds with Social Studies, and English/Language Arts courses.
I started "teaching" in high school. I spent time helping middle and elementary school students learn parliamentary procedure for United Nation-style debate. I also have a younger sister that I helped academically during that time. When I decided to dedicate my future to teaching, I took on tutoring jobs on campus and volunteered my time to my peers. I assisted them in various projects, including designing essay outlines, teaching the writing process, peer editing/review of papers for a variety of fields, and general academic coaching. As a...
2014 - 2016
* Maintain an open line of communication with a group of 5 mentees
* Attend Leaderkids events monthly
* Help students build an understanding of leadership
TCU Cultural Community and International Services
2014 - 2016
* Answer and direct calls to necessary departments for a staff of 11
* Attend training workshops and meetings
* Assist staff with program preparations, necessary documentation, and organization of inventory as needed
2013 - 2016
* Assist students with college application process, and applying for financial aid
* Attend workshops and training to present ideas on further improvement of the program
* Maintain an open line of communication with students
* Correspond between high school and GO Center officer staff of 8