Tutor profile: Sabrina B.
Tutor with specialty in English, Writing, Spanish and Art History
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
Hi, I'm Sabrina! I love languages, art history and literature.
I am currently living in Spain, working as an English teacher for primary and secondary students. In college, I worked as a peer writing tutor across all academic disciplines. In the summer of 2018, I worked with rising ninth graders at an intensive 8-week college access program, developing and implementing a challenging Writing curriculum as well as teaching a Spanish elective class. I have volunteered as a Spanish teacher for elementary students and as a TA for an ESOL writing course.
2015 - 2019
Fulbright Association, English Teaching Assistant
2019 - Present
• Selected from a competitive pool of over 650 applicants to serve as one of 137 English Teaching Assistants in Spain • Prepare and teach English lessons for Spanish primary and secondary students, ages 5-16 * Due to the current COVID-19 situation, Spanish schools are closed indefinitely. Continue assisting school with online learning.
Merrimack Valley Immigrant and Education Center, Teaching Assistant
2019 - 2019
• Helped secondary students improve their writing skills through short stories, films, creative writing and personal narratives • Provided detailed and personalized feedback twice a week on student writing • Led a lesson series in which students created their own graphic novels and discussed stylistic and conceptual choices behind the relationship between words and images in comics
The Ruth and Elmer Wellin Museum of Art, Student Docent
2018 - 2019
• Hosted “Wellin Kids” events to foster children’s creativity through arts and crafts projects related to the current exhibition • Provided top customer service to Museum visitors at the admissions desk and as a gallery docent at special events • Trained in Visual Thinking Strategies (VTS) to foster critical thinking, argumentation and conversation through artwork
Hamilton College Writing Center, Lowerre Writing Tutor
2016 - 2019
• Collaborated with college peers to advance their writing skills via one-on-one conferences (six hour-long conferences per week plus reading time) with papers in every academic discipline • Guided students in thinking critically about their arguments and the organization of writing in order to improve their draft
Breakthrough New York, Teaching Fellow, 9th Grade Writing
2018 - 2018
• Selected from a competitive pool of over 700 applicants to serve as one of 72 college-aged Teaching Fellows in a rigorous 5-week academic-intensive college access program for high-potential, low-income middle school students • Participated in 140+ hours of training and professional development to master instructional and management best practices • Team-taught 20 students in a rising 9th grade Writing and a Spanish elective class • Created curricular materials, graded daily student work, wrote student evaluations and oversaw site activities...
Hamilton College Literature Department, Literature Teaching Assitant
2016 - 2016
• Guided first years in adjustment to college-level writing through weekly discussion sessions of course material, writing strategies, and topics/events on campus and in the world relevant to curriculum
Send a message explaining your
needs and Sabrina will reply soon.
needs and Sabrina will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.