Tutor profile: Zuher I.
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
I graduated from Pace University in May 2020 with a dual Bachelor's of Art Degree in Political Science and History with a double minor in Critical Race and Ethnicity and Peace and Justice Studies. During my time at Pace, I was fortune to explore my passions for social justice and public policy through student organizations like Active Minds, internships at the NYC Mayor's Office, and protests on campus for sexual assault reform and throughout NYC for immigration rights. I will be attending Fordham University in Fall 2020 to pursue my Masters...
I've tutored in multiple classes during college through my Political Science courses especially. I've tutored for MAT102 which mainly consisted of geometry and basic algebra. In addition, I worked as a College Transition Coach for a non-profit for three years which required supporting over 100 students during their college process including reading through their college essays, applications, supplemental questions from specific schools, financial aid questions, etc.
2020 - 2021
Pace University - New York
2016 - 2020
DoSomething.org, Campaigns Contractor
2020 - 2020
• Ran validation process of campaign concepts • Helped with the day-to-day management of DoSomething campaigns and member community • Supported the Campaigns team in assisting in the the creation of large-scale social change programs • Was in charge of concepts and incorporating feedback around thought-provoking, call to actions that get members, partners, and sponsors excited to create impact in their local communities
DoSomething.org, Campaign and Community Intern
2019 - 2020
• Brainstorm campaign ideas and write select campaign content • Helped with the day-to-day management of DoSomething campaigns and member community • Communicate with members who request help for specific campaigns • Maintained campaign within the database (monitoring activity, sorting through member-submitted photos on each campaigns, and quality assurance) • Participated on cause-based campaigns such as STEM Superheroes in partnership with 3M, The Hit We’ll Take in partnership with CVS, Teens for Jeans in partnership with Aeropostale •
Pace University, Title IX Brand Ambassador
2018 - 2020
• Attended Pace events in connection to university organizations, faculty events, etc. • Provided students and faculty with pertinent information detailing the purpose of Title IX and how to get involved with policy reform and social activism • Maintained active presence in-person and online to remind everyone on campus of their resources • Participated in a webinar with Mount Sinai SAVI Program and the NYS Department of Health providing feedback for an upcoming statewide toolkit on sexual assault policies on NYS campuses
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, Risk Analyst
2018 - 2019
• Supports the Risk Department with in-house compliance and client-related research • Analyze data for new business/matters at the Firm • Assist with the Audit Letter Inquiry process • Provide Insider List, Legal Holds and Firewall support to the Firm • Maintain client relationship database and log various client related documents
Student Leadership Network, Bridge to College Coach
2017 - 2019
• Certified in the matriculation of the college process • Committed to the mission of the Student Leadership Network and supported students to avoid the "Summer Melt" to matriculate to their post-secondary careers • Ensured quality of academic performance and attendance of over 300+ students post deposit submission
Student Leadership Network, College Transitioning Coach
2016 - 2019
• Assisted the Director of College Counseling in walking over 300 students through the college application and financial aid processes • Supported students with acceptances and provide assistance in college recruitment • Updated and managed the Naviance database at an accurate pace with appropriate data • Performed college presentations • Planned events such as college fairs and parent outreach including Senior Parent Night and FAFSA night • Provided support for graduating seniors
NYC Mayor's Office of Correspondence, Intern
2017 - 2018
• Managed email communications, letters, and 311 calls directed to the Mayor • Managed connections with other departments to ensure constituent's issues are solved • Directly worked with other interns on projects to benefit NYC Community
Send a message explaining your
needs and Zuher will reply soon.
needs and Zuher will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.