Tutor profile: Alex P.
Senior at Georgetown University
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
Hello! My name is Alex, and I am a senior at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. I study international politics in the School of Foreign Service, focusing on international security and earning a certificate in Religion, Ethics, and World Affairs. When I'm not in class, I love competing in Mock Trial, spending time with friends, and scoping out new coffee shops in DC.
I have had a broad range of less formal teaching experiences throughout my time at Georgetown. One of the most rewarding has been my time spent on the Mock Trial team. Georgetown is a nationally ranked program, and I have been a board member and/or captain for the past two years (and will serve as President in the upcoming year). Mock Trial has presented repeated opportunities to teach the complex workings of the collegiate level of the competition to new members. This has involved presentations to the entire team, as well as individualized...
2014 - 2018
The Brookings Institution - Governance Studies, National Security Intern
2017 - Present
• Research intern with the Lawfare blog which focuses on national security law issues • Write daily Headlines and Commentary post, which, in addition to being featured on the front page of the site each day, is sent out to over 5000 people. • Just recently, Lawfare had nearly 500,000 readers in a single day
Georgetown University Mock Trial, President, VP, Treasurer, Competitor
2014 - 2017
• Currently serve as President of the organization, overseeing all official activity, including strategic planning, competitions, and logistics • Analyze approximately 150-page case problem and work with a team to develop prosecution/plaintiff and defense sides of a legal trial using case law, affidavits, and evidence to formulate winning case theory and trial presentation • Won All-Regional Attorney award for outstanding performance at State College Regional in Feb. 2017 • Directed and planned the Hilltop Invitational Tournament in Jan.
Republican National Committee, Communications Intern
2016 - 2016
• Monitored digital media and organized news stories covering the RNC and its executives • Executed administrative tasks such as updating press contact lists, preparing press briefing folders, and fielding phone inquiries from constituents and members of the press during the 2016 primary season
MidPenn Legal Services, Intern
2015 - 2016
• Engaged directly with clients to facilitate pro se custody and landlord-tenant actions in county court • Crafted summary report regarding the revision and restructuring of the Berks County pro bono system to improve client representation and to reduce inefficiency • Researched over 100 open files using courthouse dockets, case notes, and contact with private attorneys to close cases and complete the quarterly report required for compliance by Legal Services Corporation
Office of Congressman Ryan Costello (PA-06), District Intern
2015 - 2015
• Assisted constituents by listening to concerns and creating case files for those with government-related issues • Recorded public opinion on legislative matters from constituent phone calls and reported via online system
Voices in the Reading Eagle, Intern, Writer, Radio Guest
2011 - 2014
• Organized stories, led writers, generated article topics, and assisted editor of largest teen newspaper in the nation • Authored over 100 pieces and articles across 3 years as a writer, including breaking news and interviews
Send a message explaining your
needs and Alex will reply soon.
needs and Alex will reply soon.
Ready now? Request a lesson.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.