I have had extensive experience tutoring. Most of my work has been either through my education classes or volunteering. For a year I helped out in a kindergarten classroom then a bilingual third grade class (though I am not bilingual). I also tutored math one on one with a third grade student.
This year I also worked with the most adorable first grader - a native Spanish speaker - on her English Language Development. I worked with her for eight weeks and got to write my own lesson plans for an after school session with her once a week.
Retail Assistant – House of Bread
2015 - 2016
• Customer Service
• Maintaining cleanliness of facilities
• Logging gross sales as well as reporting money flow per day - i.e. total payments, donations, sales tax collected etc. in excel
• Independently responsible for proper closing procedures
Academic Tutor - Student Academic Services - Cal Poly
2015 - 2015
• Assisted Cal Poly students that were struggling with topics in the College of Math and Sciences.
• Developed schedules and action plans to increase student success
Community Advisor – Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, CA
2014 - 2015
• Managed the front desk
• Directed students to various on campus resources.
• Answered phone calls, sorted mail, created spreadsheets and filed documents.
• Conducted nightly safety checks making sure residents are secure and behaving safely. If not then I would contact and interact with the police to remedy the situation.
• Coordinated 1,000 resident’s documents, room inspections, and key management.
• Conducted community events to facilitate student’s school involvement and social interactions.
• Created flyers,