Hi! I am currently a master's student in astronomy at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. I graduated from Northwestern University in Chicago with degrees in Integrated Science, Physics and Astronomy, and Earth and Planetary Sciences. I have been ingrained in academia for the past four years, participating in many research projects in astrophysics. My research, spanning from the sun to exoplanets, has developed my interest in tackling big questions with creative solutions. I enjoy sharing my passion for learning, breaking down complicated...
I was a professional tutor for a year with SAGA Innovations. I tutored 14 high school freshmen and sophomores each day in algebra and geometry. Each of the six school periods had individualized, interactive lessons plans which I developed.
I am currently teaching physics labs at UNLV. I manage two class periods of physics for non-major labs. I enjoy making physics understandable to students in other academic fields. I have also mentored a range of ages from middle school to college-age in previous roles during college.
Wyzant, Independent Tutor
2017 - Present
- Tutor students ranging from middle school through college in 1 on 1 in-person sessions
- Develop lessons in physics, astronomy, pre-calculus, algebra, geometry, test preparation, and many more subjects
SAGA Innovations, Tutoring Fellow
2016 - 2017
- Delivered a daily, individualized, 2 on 1 class in algebra and geometry to 14 at-risk high school students at Phillips Academy High School, a Chicago Public School with 96% low-income students and 98% African American students
- Developed teaching ability through in-depth training on educational techniques, curriculum design, and management of student behaviors
Center for Interdisciplinary Exploration and Research in Astrophysics, Undergraduate Researcher
2013 - 2016
- Analyzed the statistical distributions of time until instability in planetary systems with a given initial orbital spacing through n-body simulations with Mercury6
- Developed Python codes utilizing various modules to analyze and visualize large data sets
- Shared my research at 20+ public and scientific meeting