Tutor profile: Katarina T.
Library & Archival Professional who Recently Graduated with Master's Degree in Library and Information Science
I recently graduated from Drexel University with my Master's Degree in Library and Information Science. While working toward my degree, I was a Library Assistant at the university libraries. My duties included Interlibrary loan requests, shelving, and helping patrons find materials. I also do freelance work for the John J. Wilcox, Jr. Archives - Philadelphia's LGBTQ archives. At the archives I have entirely processed many collections - from appraisal to housing and everything in between. Prior to this work, I was the Managing Editor of a large...
As an undergraduate I worked for the Pennsylvania Writing and Literature Program, where I assisted in developing the writing skills of youth aged K-12 at an annual summer camp. While working as a Managing Editor at a major academic publisher, I was in charge of managing an Editorial Assistant, who I regularly taught the ins and outs of academic publishing.
Library and Information Science
2019 - 2020
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
2010 - 2014
John J. Wilcox, Jr. Archives at the William Way LGBT Community Center, Freelance Archivist
2019 - 2021
• Arrange collections in logical & user-friendly order • Describe materials using Library of Congress subject headings & tagging systems • Assess materials for conservation and preservation needs • Compile thorough finding aids • Research provenance & maintain amicable communications with donors • Implement permanent housing of materials in archival boxes & folders • Preserve digital materials & social media accounts • Promote collections by creating content for social media • Demonstrate knowledge of metadata standards, such as EAD & Dublin...
Drexel University Libraries, Library Print Resource Assistant
2019 - 2020
• Used ILLiad & Alma applications to process Interlibrary Loan & E-ZBorrow requests • Maintained shelves using Library of Congress classification system • Assisted patrons in locating materials & utilizing resources
Drexel University Libraries, Communications Assitant
2019 - 2019
• Ran Drexel Libraries’ social media; including Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook • Created & proofread library communications; including newsletters, email campaigns, & library guides • Assisted with library programming
Taylor & Francis Publishing, Managing Editor of Library and Information Science Journal Portfolio
2016 - 2019
• Managed & developed a portfolio of 42 library & information science peer-reviewed academic journals worth $4.8 million • Developed annual journal budgets, including assessing publishing costs & projecting attrition or growth • Managed acquisitions of new titles • As primary contact, maintained amicable relationships with many members of the library & information science community, including prominent journal Editors, authors, & societies • Led Editorial Board meetings & delivered high-level reports detailing global circulation; geographic &
Taylor & Francis Publishing, Editorial Assistant
2015 - 2016
• Prepared & circulated professional documents • Participated in in-office & remote Editorial meetings • Maintained thorough understanding of editorial systems & databases & utilized them daily • Worked intimately as part of a dynamic and knowledgeable team
PA Writing and Literature Project, Administrative Assistant
2010 - 2014
• Supervised children (K-12) & assisted in classes aimed at helping them to develop basic writing skills at annual summer day camp • Wrote and proofread newsletters, brochures, press releases, & other company literature • Responsible for large mailing, copying, filing, & data entry jobs using Microsoft Office Suite
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.