Enable contrast version

Tutor profile: Gurbir S.

Inactive
Gurbir S.
Associate Consultant at ZS Associates, Trained in Mechanical Engg and mathematics
Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee

Questions

Subject: Mechanical Engineering

TutorMe
Question:

Can we ever build a death star?

Inactive
Gurbir S.
Answer:

Yes, we can, hypothetically. We already have almost all the technology required to build one (except the clones!). But the financial pressure is so huge that engineers can only dream about it. The cost is difficult to bear: $850 quadrillion, according to the White House's response to the online petition, which is many times the U.S. national debt of about $20 trillion. Also, the amount of steel required to build it is so huge that it would take 830,000 years of Earth's current steel output to create enough metal for the hull of the superstructure alone. Happy dreaming!

Subject: Statistics

TutorMe
Question:

If you choose an answer to this question at random, what is the chance you will be correct? a) 25% b) 50% c) 75% d) 25%

Inactive
Gurbir S.
Answer:

It's a paradox. A: Chosen answer = 25%, chance of choosing it = 50%. No match. B: Chosen answer = 50%, chance of choosing it = 25%. No match. C: Chosen answer = 60%, chance of choosing it = 25%. No match. D: Chosen answer = 25%, chance of choosing it = 50%. No match. So the chance of being "correct" in this sense (i.e. of achieving a match) is zero.

Subject: Physics

TutorMe
Question:

How can a light and harmless piece of paper give such painful papercuts?

Inactive
Gurbir S.
Answer:

Because it is about pressure not force. Surface area of paper in contact with your skin is so small that even a slight force against your skin tears it open, just like a knife does.

Contact tutor

Send a message explaining your
needs and Gurbir will reply soon.
Contact Gurbir

Request lesson

Ready now? Request a lesson.
Start Lesson

FAQs

What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.