Tutor profile: Joel G.
Tutor and Editor for Eight Years
I am an experienced writer and editor with a passion for education and learning.
I have experience as a writing tutor, general tutor, and teaching assistant with a variety of grade and educational levels.
George Fox University
2012 - 2016
The Standard, Leave and Disability Examiner
2017 - 2021
• Managed Short-Term Disability claims in accordance with the contract, laws, and regulations • Managed FMLA, state, and employer-sponsored leaves in accordance with respective guidelines • Reviewed medical and legal documentation • Communicated with employers and employees to assist with the leave and claim process and regulations • Coordinated with internal and external staff to resolve concerns and effectively manage leaves and claims
The Standard, Leave Specialist
2016 - 2017
• Managed FMLA, state, and employer-sponsored leaves in accordance with respective guidelines • Reviewed medical and legal documentation • Communicated with employers and employees to assist with the leave process and regulations • Coordinated with internal and external staff to resolve concerns and effectively manage leaves
History News Network, Social Media Intern
2016 - 2016
• Promote HNN content on various social media • Grow HNN readership by promoting content to people, communities, and organizations unfamiliar with it • Interact with other historical organizations to grow readership and promote history • Answer questions from the public posed on social media
George Fox University, Teaching Assistant
2015 - 2016
• Communicated with students about grades, coursework, and tests • Worked with students to resolve problems and concerns as they arose • Led multiple study sessions of varying size and adapted lectures based on audience • Managed and graded daily quizzes and scheduled makeup quizzes • Managed technology before and during lectures
George Fox University, Consultant - Academic Resource Center
2013 - 2015
• Reviewed and edited students’ writing • Communicated with professors to clarify expectations, help students succeed, and resolve academic integrity issues • Worked with students to make their communication more effective • Worked with Students to conform to professors’ preferred styles • Taught students principles of writing and grammar • Responsible for creating digital and physical materials to market the ARC and aid students in their writing
Cascade Policy Institute, Research Associate
2014 - 2014
• Performed individual research • Performed research for Senior Analysts • Investigated requirements and rules of public programs • Wrote pieces of analysis and commentary on public policy issues in Oregon • Communicated with public officials to seek comments and information about public policy
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.