Tutor profile: Natalie W.
Formally Trained Academic and Creative Writing Tutor
Hello! I am a current graduate student working toward my degree in Criminology, Gender & Sexualities. I love teaching and writing is by far my favorite form of communication (both creative and academic!). I am a published novelist (THOSE KINDS OF GIRLS, 2021) as well as a social scientist.
I worked as a writing tutor for my university from 2017 to 2020 and was promoted to Lead Tutor during my last year. Additionally, I worked as an editor for my university newspaper where I was in charge of teaching students AP Style as well as reviewing their writing and coaching them through how to write articles.
University of Greenwich
2021 - 2022
University of Delaware
2016 - 2020
Center for Drug and Health Studies, Research Assistant
2020 - Present
• Evaluating school surveys and the implementation of behavioral programs for K-12 students using SPSS. • Conducting research for and writing literature reviews
Government Accountability Office, Statistics Intern, Applied Research & Methods
2021 - 2021
• Reviewed statistics code (SAS and R), assisted with survey pretests and survey evaluation/creation.
University of Delaware History Department, Research Assistant
2020 - 2020
• Collecting and synthesizing primary and secondary resources for a historical overview of sex in the United States.
University of Delaware, Lead Writing Tutor
2017 - 2020
• Instructed college students one-on-one for strengthening academic and technical writing skills. • Completed over 30 hours of training related to editing and academic writing.
The Review at University of Delaware, Managing News Editor
2016 - 2018
• Led a team of 10 student journalists to produce 8-13 articles weekly. Edited and provided feedback to student journalists in preparation to article publication. Facilitated pitching sessions and group discussions. • Investigated relevant social issues to report and wrote and produced impactful articles (~500-800 words each).
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.