Tutor profile: Anthony A.
University Instructor and Supervisor
I am a recent graduate with a Master of Fine Arts from University of California, San Diego. Born and raised in Accra, Ghana, I immigrated to the United States at 11 years old. I attended Overland High School in Aurora Colorado where I achieved several accolades including the Mayor's Honor for Excellence. I, then, attended University of Denver, receiving my BA in Theatre and a minor degree in Communications. I also took several math and science classes and a Business class. I graduated Cum Laude and received several honors in my time. I am...
During my graduate education, I taught Introduction to Public Speaking and Acting for undergraduates for 1.5 years. I taught 5 classes, with approximately 20 students per course, per quarter. In the fall of 2020, I simultaneously taught and was a Supervisor for other instructors in Introduction to Acting, where I developed a full curriculum, led teachers through weekly guidelines, and assisted in conflict resolution in the classroom. I have experience with both in-person teaching and teaching through zoom. I also have experience in being a...
University of California - San Diego
Theater - Acting
2018 - 2021
University of Denver
Theater - Acting
2014 - 2018
Urban Sanctuary, YOGA TEACHER
2020 - 2021
• Trusted as an essential part of building a start-up organization, focused on BIPOC yoga instructors and students. • Guided participants in a weekly, hour-long Vinyasa Flow Yoga via zoom, and became exceptionally good at utilizing zoom for teaching. • Observed and informed students of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement. • Planned routines, chose appropriate music, and focused on different movements for each week so my instruction was always varied and exciting. • Accommodated my teaching to all body types and abilities...
UC San Diego, LEAD INSTRUCTOR
2019 - 2021
• Taught Introduction to Acting and Public Speaking to undergraduates for 1.5 years. • Instructed and guided students individually and in groups of up to 25 by developing teaching materials, such as syllabi, student activities, visual aids, and notes. • Responsible for taking attendance and evaluating student work through excel and online systems, such as Canvas. • Led daily activities for students, including vocal and physical warmups, and speech & acting exercises. • Provided office hours to help students who needed individualized...
UC San Diego, INSTRUCTIONAL SUPERVISOR
2020 - 2020
• Supervisor for Intro to Acting instructors. • Created a comprehensive syllabus and instructional materials for 10 instructors to use towards teaching undergraduates, virtually and in-person. • Led weekly meetings to lay out class details. • Created a trustworthy environment that opened up space for TAs to discuss challenges and triumphs. • Advised instructors on how best to lead the classroom, which also included covering for classes without teachers. • Collaborated with a Leading Professor on conflict-resolution between students and...
UC San Diego, TEACHING ASSISTANT
2019 - 2019
• Graded and recorded examinations, assignments, and papers through online grading system, both through Excel and Canvas. • Provided thorough feedback on student papers and offered room to discuss further work. • Scheduled and maintained regular office hours and established deadlines. • Worked with lead instructor to discuss student progress and solutions to problem assignments. • Developed teaching materials and instruction for part of Professor's curriculum.
Denver Center for Performing Arts, TEACHING ARTIST ASSISTANT
2017 - 2017
• Assisted with teaching students from Kindergarten to High School in theatre making, acting, singing, dancing. • Completed duties regarding safety, listening to students' needs, and daily organizing and cleaning of the classroom for next day use. • Trusted liaison between students, teachers, and administration through conflict-resolution skills. • Was trusted as one of the leading TAs and given greater responsibility in the classroom.
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.