Tutor profile: Jessica B.
Web Services Librarian with 12 years of Academic library experience
I have 12 years of experience working in Academic Libraries, have a Masters in Library Science and Information Technology, and work currently as a Web Services Librarian.
My teaching experience includes managing a library's late-night STEM tutoring program, where I guided and supervised undergraduate students and tutors. I have 12 years of experience assisting library users with reference consultations, both online and in person. Additionally, I have 12 years assisting users with technology, including training employees and teaching library users how to use technology and software.
Florida State University
Library and Information Science
2020 - 2021
Florida State University
2017 - 2020
Academic Library, Web Services Librarian
2021 - Present
• Provides support, training, and technical assistance to staff and library patrons related to the FSU Libraries website (Drupal CMS), Springshare products (LibGuides, LibCal, LibAnswers, and LibInsights), SharePoint, Teams, Wiki and other web-based applications as assigned • Collaborates with library staff and patrons to identify technical needs and works with the Web Development team to implement new content, features, and workflows to improve user experience across a variety of devices • Researches new technologies and provides guidance to...
Academic Library, Technical Support Analyst
2019 - 2021
• Provided technical support to FSU Libraries faculty and staff across five buildings • Installed, configured and maintained library hardware and software used by library employees and patrons • Responded to in-person and remotely to technical support requests from both library employees and patrons • Communicated verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical users • Trained library employees on both usage and best practice of library hardware and software • Researched and recommended new technologies for FSU Libraries • Hired,
Academic Library, Technology Center and Tutoring Supervisor
2016 - 2019
• Hired, trained, and supervised tutors for the libraries’ in-house tutoring program • Coordinated marketing and outreach for the tutoring program to increase tutoring participation and recruitment diversity • Created and conducted STEM tutor trainings on best tutoring practices, emotional intelligence, customer service, professionalism, diversity and inclusion, and learning strategies • Collaborated with tutoring partners across campus, including the Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics, Academic Center for Excellence, and the...
Academic Library, Information and Research Services Associate
2015 - 2016
• Supervised MLIS graduate students working the Research Help Now desk and part-time employees working the Strozier Library circulation desk • Provided support and guidance on policies, procedures, referrals, and information questions • Proposed and created website content for users seeking information on library study rooms, and available library technology • Collaborated with library website development to create new website content • Managed LibCal study room reservations for Undergraduate Services • Assisted with reference and technology...
Academic Library, Overnight Technology Center Supervisor
2009 - 2015
• Responsible for media loan items and library technology operation during the overnight shift • Supervised, hired, trained, and evaluated the performance of part-time employees Performed individual and group technology and media consultations • Ordered, inventoried, maintained, and cataloged technology and media loan items circulating in University Libraries
What is a lesson?
A lesson is virtual lesson space on our platform where you and a tutor can communicate. You'll have the option to communicate using video/audio as well as text chat. You can also upload documents, edit papers in real time and use our cutting-edge virtual whiteboard.
How do I begin a lesson?
If the tutor is currently online, you can click the "Start Lesson" button above. If they are offline, you can always send them a message to schedule a lesson.
Who are TutorMe tutors?
Many of our tutors are current college students or recent graduates of top-tier universities like MIT, Harvard and USC. TutorMe has thousands of top-quality tutors available to work with you.