I have been a professional social science educator since 2002. I have taught all high school age ranges and ability levels, including AP and IB social science classes (History, Government, Geography, Psychology, Economics, Sociology, and Criminal Justice). I have also served as a curriculum writer for state and local education boards. Additionally, I have worked with high school students on improving their executive functioning skills across all subjects, including reading comprehension, study and test-taking skills, and writing persuasive...
i have 15 years of experience working as a high school social science teacher. I worked as a social studies high school teacher from 2002-2005 at a majority minority high school, teaching AP U.S. History, Geography, IB World History, and AP American Government. I also wrote the IB World History curriculum for our school from scratch, and also developed test questions for geography and history for the state of Virginia and the City of Hampton, VA.
I also taught for a semester in Lexington, KY teaching World History and Criminal Justice,
G&H International Services, Inc., Senior Project Analyst
2013 - Present
Serve as lead researcher and policy analyst on a range of federal government contract projects, including qualitative and quantitative data.
Fairfax County Public Schools, Social Science Teacher
2009 - 2013
• Courses taught: IB Geography, Economics, Psychology, American Government, and History.
• Instructed the college-level International Baccalaureate (IB) Geography curriculum to first generation American students representing over 40 countries.
• Wrote the IB Geography Course Curriculum for JEB Stuart High School.
• Supervised and evaluated the IB Extended Essay and Internal Assessment projects for IB diploma candidates who were awarded excellent international marks for quality research.
• Managed, coordinated, and evaluated the IB Community,
W.W. Norton & Company, Textbook Writer
2007 - 2008
• Edited and wrote chapter outlines for the online text of Essentials of International Relations, 4th edition by Karen A. Mingst.
• Edited and wrote chapter outlines for the online text of American Government, 10th edition by Theodore J. Lowi, Benjamin Ginsberg, and Kenneth A. Shepsle.
Fayette County Public Schools, Social Science Teacher
2007 - 2007
Taught World History and Criminal Justice
Hampton City Schools, Social Science Teacher
2002 - 2005
• Courses taught: Geography, IB History, AP Government, AP U.S. History.
• Designed, managed, and implemented first-ever IB course curriculum for social sciences at Hampton City Schools, July 2005.
• Reviewed curriculum standards and provided expertise used in the new 2006 Virginia Department of Education course benchmarks as a member of Virginia End-of-Course World Geography Content Review Committee.