I am a recent graduate of UCLA and received my B.S. in Biology in June of this year. I am a driven individual who is dedicated to the development of student knowledge and passionate about education, and I am committed to become a part of your team as an academic tutor.
My experience with tutoring occurred at my alma mater, TCA Arshag Dickranian Armenian school, which enrolled students beginning from pre-kindergarten up to the 12th grade. As an upperclassman, I would occasionally stay behind after school and be assigned to tutor elementary, middle, and lowerclassmen in their math and science classes, guaranteeing thorough understanding of course content along with improved test scores.
UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music, Clerical Assistant/Work Study Student
2014 - 2016
• Assisted with projects of archiving productions of musician Mickey Katz.
• Research, scanning, and organization of digital PDF files and hard copies through EndNote.
Ter-Zakarian Medical Clinic & Laboratory Services, Clerical Assistant
2014 - 2015
• Filing, preparing, and assorting patient charts and paperwork.
• Answering phone calls, calling patients to confirm doctor’s appointments.
• Faxing, photo-copying, and scanning.
• Addressing and assisting with patient concerns, particularly with changes in their health insurance plans.
• Assisting with laboratory tests, patient insurance verification and authorization.
N/A, Private Tutor
2010 - 2012
Tutored elementary, middle, and high school students from TCA Arshag Dickranian Armenian school in various subjects including math (geometry, algebra, trigonometry, calculus), and science (biology, chemistry, earth/environmental science, physics).